90 Minute welcome back meeting Training session
Following any period of absence, a welcome back
meeting should be held between the team member and their manager. A quality welcome back to work meeting can help
promote good attendance that will not only benefit the organisation, but all
It is very important that this discussion takes
place and that both the manager and employee discuss the absence and the
employees overall well-being.
Attendance processes are designed to help
organisations serve their customers by encouraging the high standards of
attendance normally achieved and maintained by the vast majority of employees,
so that a reliable staffing base can be maintained.
Managers can have a positive influence on sick
absence levels within the organisation. This is done through creating the right
environment where employees want to come to work, part of this process is
completing a quality welcome back to work meeting following an absence.
Managers will need to prepare prior to the meeting, hold an effective thorough
meeting to address all points and ensure any follow up issues are carried out.
After a long absence, like the Covid 19 lockdown, these meetings need to take place as soon as the team members return to work. It helps if the manager has been in contact regardless of weather the team member was working from home or on furlough, this will make the transition back to work easier.
The key content of this 90 minute welcome back meetings training session:
- The attendance standards
required by the organisation
- How managers can have a positive
effect on the attendance of employees
- The various steps to take
before, during and after a quality welcome back to work meeting
- Key actions to improve your
welcome back to work meetings.
By the end of this 90 minute welcome back meetings training session your learners will be able to:
- Describe the business standards in relation to absence management
- Recognise the positive impact a manager can have on
their working environment in relation to absence
- State the importance of holding quality meetings and
the preparation required beforehand
Timings and Other Information
- The sessions are 90 minutes long with an optional 30 minutes additional Q and A with the tutor at the end for those that want to hang around
- The session is for up to 12 learners (which is why we don't charge per person, prices include the session, an experience tutor and materials)
- We are flexible on the times but recommend the following (GMT): 08:00, 11:00 and 14:00
- We recommend a monthly follow up and coaching session (on-line), with the same tutor, one month after the session to ensure action and accountability for the tasks the learners set themselves
- If it suits your needs better you could always organise 3 different sessions per day for your team to choose the best time for them and we'll co-ordinate the rest
- If relevant, all pre-course activities will be forwarded to the session organiser to be distributed to the leaners a week before before the session to allow to for completion
- All the handouts will be forwarded to the session organiser to be distributed to the leaners after the session