90 Minute performance improvement Training session
At one point or another, every manager is going to have an employee who is under-performing. Whether he/she isn’t meeting job requirements or is consistently exhibiting behaviors that are not in line with company expectations, the manager will reach a point where it is clear that the situation has to change. When an employee is not performing well or reaching their full potential, not only do the manager and employee suffer, but the entire team and company also eventually feels the domino effect of these behaviors. The overall result is frustration, wasted time, and deflated people.
For us a performance improvement plan (PIP) shows great leadership and management skills, builds the team and saves time and money. A lot of managers we come across either ignore issues and hope they go away or get angry and emotional which gets them no where.
In this session we discuss the importance of informal resolution, the step by step improvement process and when to take advice from senior team members of HR.
The key content of this 90 minute performance improvement training session:
- Explain the performance management process
- Build trust, motivation and commitment
- Set objectives in line with the vision and their motivation
By the end of this 90 minute performance improvement training session your learners will be able to:
- State what performance management is
- Explain the performance improvement procedure (PIP)
- Implement the PIP process, where necessary, as a development tool
- Keep HR posted from the beginning and take advice when necessary
Timings and Other Information
- The sessions are 90 minutes long with an optional 30 minutes additional Q and A with the tutor at the end for those that want to hang around
- The session is for up to 12 learners (which is why we don't charge per person, prices include the session, an experience tutor and materials)
- We are flexible on the times but recommend the following (GMT): 08:00, 11:00 and 14:00
- We recommend a monthly follow up and coaching session (on-line), with the same tutor, one month after the session to ensure action and accountability for the tasks the learners set themselves
- If it suits your needs better you could always organise 3 different sessions per day for your team to choose the best time for them and we'll co-ordinate the rest
- If relevant, all pre-course activities will be forwarded to the session organiser to be distributed to the leaners a week before before the session to allow to for completion
- All the handouts will be forwarded to the session organiser to be distributed to the leaners after the session